NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Alternative Care Services
HOMECARE WORKERS ARE URGENTLY NEEDED IN LONDON – IMMEDIATE START
Excellent care starts with excellent people! We are looking for LGBT* and LGBT-friendly care assistants, PAs and support workers to serve our clients in London.
Alternative Care Services is the UK’s first, independent, LGBTQI* focused, domiciliary care service to provide top quality and safe care to LGBT people over 18 in need of support.
A care giving role that will involve providing personal care and support to adult and elderly people in need.
The right candidate will be:
- Have great communication skills
You’ll be someone who really wants to make a difference to our clients’ lives and provide safe, highly effective, supportive services, that makes our clients feel at secure, comfortable and content.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome all applications, especially from people within the LGBTQI community.
You must be comfortable around pets and have a good understanding of the English language.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- getting to know clients and their interests and needs
- helping with personal care like washing, using the toilet and dressing
- food preparation, feeding and giving out medication
- carrying out general tasks like housework, laundry and shopping
- helping clients manage their budget, pay bills and write letters
- supporting families to get used to new caring responsibilities
- giving emotional and practical support to children and young people
- working with other health and social care professionals to provide individual care and development plans
- helping to organise leisure activities
- going with clients to and from a residential home
How to Apply
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE:
Hold a British/EU passport or a valid work permit/visa
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualifications and Skills
Full training will be given
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes in looking after our staff well. All of our salaries are competitive.
This is an exciting opportunity, with career growth possibilities.
Supportive working environment
Complete specialist training given for free
Job Type: Full-time
62 total views, 1 today