Part-TimeFinance Assistant in , CA
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Title: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Schedule: Part-Time (60%FTE)
Location: Oakland, CA
The Women’s Foundation of California has a nearly 40-year track record of supporting community-based organizations working to address the root causes of injustice and advance solutions across multiple issues. We focus on core strategies of investing in community organizations, training community leaders, convening community partners, and mobilizing significant financial resources to advance the health, safety, and economic security of women, girls, and transgender people. We support movements led by women and girls, especially women and girls of color, low-income women, immigrant women, LGBTQ+ people, trans people, gender non-conforming individuals and formerly incarcerated people. We’re comprised of a dynamic and smart group of people who are passionate about our work and committed to making good things happen for all Californians.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Accountant, the Finance Assistant performs duties related to bookkeeping, including payables, receivables, bank reconciliations and other related tasks.
• Process payables, including batch summary report balancing and submission for verification, approval and posting. Maintain open and paid vendor files.
• Prepare deposits and cash reports and ensure accurate remote deposit.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts.
• Review expense reports and credit card billing for coding accuracy and appropriate back-up and post to system.
• Run all required month-end reports. Review and reconcile any differences with input from the Senior Accountant. Make month-end standard journal entries when applicable.
• Assist Senior Accountant and Chief Financial Officer with audit preparation and year-end closing, annual budget preparation, input and balancing and grant reporting administration.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of five years of experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable and nonprofit accounting required; non-profit foundation experience is preferred.
• Proficiency with Blackbaud Financial Edge software required. Mastery of MS Office Suite (including Outlook, Word and Excel) preferred.
• Outstanding attention to detail and follow-through.
• Proven ability to focus while managing multiple, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
• Demonstrated experience and skill in effectively managing internal and external relationships with staff, consultants, vendors and key constituents.
• Excellent project management, listening, oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to relate to and communicate with diverse audiences with a high level of diplomacy.
• Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
• Must possess a strong commitment to the mission, policies, goals and philosophy of the Women’s Foundation of California.
• Impeccable ethics, highly developed decision-making skills and unfailingly trustworthy.
• Must be able to work independently and multi-task with high degree of project and time-management capacity.
• Strong self-motivation, organization and initiative.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and to motivate others to do so.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create positive, long-term working relationships by demonstrating a commitment to teamwork and customer service, tact, dependability, diplomacy and flexibility.
• Proven ability to work in a small and friendly office environment where each staff person assumes multiple responsibilities while striving to achieve shared goals.
• Positive approach, can-do attitude and sense of humor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for long periods while operating a computer to create documents, conducting Internet research, sending and receiving e-mail and participating in meetings; communicate on a telephone and in person; read and write; apply logic and focus attention in the presence of distractions. Occasional requirements are to move about the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
OUR VALUES AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At the Women’s Foundation of California, we believe outstanding people are the key to our success. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, trans people, gender non-conforming individuals and formerly incarcerated people to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recruit and hire with the understanding of systemic oppression and of the lived reality of people with marginalized identities. We also recruit and hire without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, prior conviction, arrest history, disability, marital status, veteran status or age.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• This is a part-time (3 days/week or 21 hours/week), non-exempt positon, with an hourly rate of $22 – $27/hour. Salary offer will be dependent on experience.
• We provide 15 days paid vacation to start which increases over time (20 days after 5 years, and 25 days after 10 years); 12 paid sick days, 11 paid holidays, and a flexible, family-friendly schedule. These benefits are pro-rated for part-time employees.
• We provide paid parental leave.
• We provide medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, flexible spending account, fitness reimbursements, a 401(k) retirement plan match, transportation benefits, and AD&D insurance with the Foundation covering 100% of the costs of the insurance package for full-time employees and 90% for dependents. These benefits are pro-rated for part-time employees.
How to ApplyAPPLICATION & DEADLINE To apply, please email a cover letter and resume with the subject line: Finance Assistant to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. All documents need to be Microsoft Word or PDF files (PDF files are preferred).
133 total views, 1 today